With a huge range of culinary hotspots, Tasmania truly is a destination worth savouring. And who better to help you enjoy every bite, than Australia’s very own mealtime magician, award-winning chef Massimo Mele! We’re excited to announce Massimo will be joining us aboard Carnival Spirit, cooking up a feast on board three cruises to the Apple Isle in 2016. To celebrate, we’ve asked him to share his top ten tastiest Tasmanian food tips. What a mouthful.
1. My #1 would be to head to the Agrarian Kitchen at new Norfolk and visit Rodney Dunn and his wife Severine; this place brings paddock to plate to life. Bookings are essential.
2. Check out the old shot tower in Taroona.
3. Take a ferry ride to MONA and check out the Moo Brew Brewery. Ferries run every 30 minutes from Hobart.
4. Take a day trip with Rob Pennicott on his Seafood wilderness tours. Usually departs at 11am and returns by 2pm.
5. Eat fresh oysters from Get Shucked on Bruny Island. (Day trip from Hobart).
6. Take a drive down to Kettering and try Nutpatch Nougat; delicious chocolate treats! It takes around 30 minutes by car.
7. Head to North Hobart and try Willing Bros. Wine Merchants, where they have great cocktails and a fantastic wine list.
8. Morning coffee at Pilgrim in Hobart.
9. Check out the Three Capes walking track.
10. Head to Home Hill winery for a glass of great pinot!
With all of that to look forward to, plus Massimo’s very own exclusive onboard cooking demonstrations, private lunches and special cooking masterclasses, we’re turning our five-night Tasmania cruises into a full degustation of fun!
Find out more at carnival.com.au