A cruise is one of the most exciting and fun holidays you can have, regardless of the size of the ship or the price-tag of the experience.
The fact that you’re on a floating hotel that is cruising on the ocean to faraway places is reason enough to celebrate.
Throw in three fabulous meals a day at any one of the restaurants and eateries on board your Carnival ship, an endless array of activities (or not, depending on your state of mind), entertainment on tap and a spa with a huge menu of options and you’re in paradise.
Few holidays appeal to as broad a range of people as a cruise, be they little ones, teens, parents, couples, groups of friends, solo travellers, foodies and those who just love to travel by ship. And while there are hundreds of people on board, there’s always a cosy corner, sunny deckchair or quiet balcony you can call your own.
There are many priceless experiences to savour on your Carnival holiday at sea. Here are just a few:
- Finding a spot on the Lido or Sun deck for Sailaway, the sun setting over the city and your daily cares magically melting away
- Unpacking your bags in your stateroom and hanging up your clothes knowing you won’t have to repack for at least a week
- Meeting your charming Carnival cabin steward who will be delighted to announce that he or she will be making your bed and tidying up after you for the duration of your holiday (what bliss!)
- Reading the daily The Fun Times on Carnival program (pen in hand), wondering just how you’ll spend the day. Will it be a Thriller dance class, a trivia game, cocktail-making, a treasure hunt with the kids, hot-stone massage in the spa… or maybe the lot?
- Being ultra-brave and conquering the Green Thunder waterslide for seven seconds of scream-out-loud fun
- Sharing meals with your family or partner in one of Carnival’s myriad dining options (remembering that you won’t have to cook a single meal the whole time you’re away)
- Dressing up for Mexican, Elegant, 80s Rock ‘n’ Glow or Island theme nights and letting your hair down because no-one will recognise you (hopefully)
- Strolling the deck hand-in-hand with your loved one under a balmy star-lit sky
- Ordering a room-service breakfast when you just want to laze in your comfy robe
- Relaxing on a sun lounge in the adults-only Serenity™ Retreat pool and bar area knowing the children are well looked after and happy in the kids’ club
- Taking a seat in a plush theatre with all the family and waiting for the curtain to raise on a razzle-dazzle production
- Grabbing a box of popcorn, a blanket and stretching out on a deckchair for a Dive-in Movie.
- Singing around the piano bar, slaying them at karaoke and dancing in the nightclub until the wee hours
- Getting up early for a deck walk, spot of yoga or to watch the sun rise
- Enjoying some great family time over a game of putt-putt or table tennis (or thrashing your partner at both
- Heading to a comedy show or Broadway-style performance after dinner every night
- Indulging in a delicious creamy treat and relishing in some precious mother-daughter bonding during an ice-cream pedicure
And that’s not even mentioning all you’ll get to experience at your Carnival destination… from snorkelling in crystal-clear lagoons to walking hand-in-hand with local kids who want to show you the best of their island home.
Every experience from boarding the Carnival Spirit or Carnival Legend to disembarking on your final day is a moment that money simply can’t buy.