When is the last time you slept in without a care in the world? Do you find yourself craving an escape from your daily routine to spend time with your partner? Do you miss the fun times you had when you first met? Do you have older children? You may need a Honeyboom!
A Honeyboom is a couple’s first child-free holiday– it is a second honeymoon.
Carnival Cruise Line has seen an 80% increase in couples with older children going on holiday without their kids to create new experiences together.
“A few years after the Honeymoon and the Babymoon, couples are now enjoying their Honeyboom – their first holiday without the kids. It’s a chance to rediscover the free-spirited, fun-loving couple that you were before school drop-offs and kid friendly food became the priority. Once kids hit their mid-teens, many parents are comfortable enough to take a well-deserved break from parenting to relax, reconnect, and have fun on their own terms,” said Jennifer Vandekreeke from Carnival.
10 Signs you may need a Honeyboom
1. You can’t remember the last time you had a memorable moment with your partner.
2. You feel hemmed in by the day-to-day responsibilities of life and parenting.
3. You just want to relax and have fun
4. You want to try something new
5. You would like to be as romantic as you were when you first met
6. You want to get close again, but almost every conversation you have with your partner involves the kids
7. You refer to each other as “Mum” and “Dad” and not by your names
8. Your children try more new foods than you do, and go to more parties
9. Your bedroom fantasies have to do with sleeping and… nothing else
10. You just want to get away and let your hair down
Relationship expert, John Aiken, says to ensure a healthy and happy relationship couples should prioritise spending time together having fun and enjoying new experiences.
“There is nothing more important in a relationship than spending one-on-one time together. Fun experiences allow couples to form stronger bonds and create new conversation. It’s an important ingredient to relationship success.”
Carnival polled 1,000 Australians with older children and found:
- 92% of respondents said that it was important or very important to share new experiences with their partner
- 82% felt their relationship would benefit from a child free holiday
- more than three quarters (76%) of couples missed having fun with their partner
Rob Nicholas, a regular cruiser and Honeyboomer, says “We really look forward to our time together on holiday, where can enjoy each other’s company and have fun with friends. We use the opportunity to try new things and be a bit outrageous without the kids around to get embarrassed by us. It’s also a real opportunity to get out there and experience new countries and cultures together. It’s so much fun!”
Jennifer Vandekreeke said, “Our cruises offer something for everyone. We have delicious food and hand-crafted cocktails, a range of engaging live entertainment and beautiful destinations.. A cruise offers the perfect Honeyboom. Once our guest step onboard, they are surrounded by fun things to see, do, taste and try…including the ever popular sleeping in.
Check out the range of cruises that Carnival have on offer. Visit www.carnival.com.au for more information.